Women's Sunday 7v7 Summer League
We are going to have a Sunday night women's 7v7 summer league. We're working on scheduling, but it will likely be six games and will begin at the beginning of July after the Spring Sunday coed has finished.
Team Deposit: $26
Player Registration: $26
Ref Fees: $20 per team
Season Length: Six matches
Location: Houston Sportsplex
Times: 7pm & 8:15pm (likely, but not yet confirmed)
Team Registration Deadline: June 1
Player Registration: June 15 league meeting
7v7 Coed Registration for Summer
The 7v7 summer league will start June 7 and 9 at Houston Sportsplex, games are played on Tuesdays (all ages) and Thursdays (Over 30) at 7:15 and 8:30. There is a $3 entrance fee to get into the Sportsplex, but you get a token for a beverage.
The $50 deposit (applied to the $35 player registration) is due with the team registration by May 11.
Player registration is $35 a player, and the ref fee is $20 for each team at the field.
There will be 8 games in the summer season, with the number of divisions determined by how many teams sign up.
A maximum of 4 guys can be on the field at one time, with unlimited (up to 7) number of ladies. There is no keeper, but there is a box in front of the goal where you can't touch the ball.
Email Michelle at email@example.com with any questions.
- April 20 - League Meeting
- May 18 - Player Registration for Summer 7v7 Coed Season
- June 1 - Team Registration for Women's Sunday Night 7v7 Summer
- June 7 - Start of Summer 7v7 Coed Season
- June 15, 7p-9p - Player Registration for Women's Sunday Night 7v7 Summer and Mandatory Meeting
- June 25, 9a-3p - Board Meeting open to all league players
- July 27, 7p-9p - Team Registration for Fall for Sunday/Monday/Women's Open/7v7 Seasons
- August 17, 6p-9p - Player Registration for Fall for Sunday/Monday/Women's Open/7v7 Seasons
All dates that are underlined are due dates for fines. Any fines outstanding after these dates will result in immediate forfeits until they are paid.
All dates in RED are MANDATORY MEETINGS. Each team must send a representative or face a $10 fine.
New Tournaments Posted
Please head to hwsa.org/info/tournament-information/ for the updated tournament information. Coed State Cup in mid-May is free to all teams!
Looking for a Team?
If you're new to the league and need to find a team, the best way to get picked up is to message a team that is looking for players here. From that page, there is a link at the top to create (or edit/delete if you've already created) your free agent profile. Team captains can search and contact you through the list of free agents.
Looking for Players?
If you're a team captain and you're looking for players, you can advertise what types of players you need by creating a player search here. The player search is like a classified ad where you can put what position, and skill level you are looking for, as well as include other details about your team, such as which division you are, what night you play on, etc. In addition to creating a player search, you can browse the free agent list here and reach out to players directly.
Suspended Players List
The suspended players list has been updated and posted to the website under Forms & Files. You must be signed in to find this list. Please note that it is the responsibility of the team representative not to play a suspended player. The sanctions for fielding an ineligible player, regardless of intent or circumstances, include a $50 fine and game forfeiture for each game in which such a violation occurs. Repeated violations of this rule may result in suspension of the team representative or the entire team. Click here for a direct link page.
Creating a New Team?
If you're trying to create a new team because you didn't play in the summer, you can create one using the following directions:
- Go here: http://hwsa.org/accounts/register/team
- Make sure the list on Join Your Team just has the empty dashes and not an actual team name.
- Type in your team name on the Create a New Team box and click Submit.
- The site will take you directly to your team page and an invite form will pop-up. It'll keep doing this every time you go to your team page until you have 2 or 3 players.
- The best way to invite players is to email out your team's unique invite URL which will be at the top of the Invite Players form to all of your players.
The best way to invite your teammates to the team is to email them the unique invite URL that is at the top of the Invite Players form. If you use the boxes to fill in first name, last name, and email address and they are already registered (perhaps with a team from a different night) then you risk creating a duplicate account for them.
Forfeits - Notifying the Board and your Opponent
In an effort to notify all parties more quickly (and hopefully avoid teams receiving fines for late forfeits) we have created an email address specifically for forfeits. Going forward, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and notify your opponent. You can find a directory of all teams at http://hwsa.org/team.
Summer 2015 Soccer Leagues Register Now
Click venue below to highlight on map.