HWSA 2020 Scholarship
2020 Scholarship Application
Houston Women’s Soccer Association
PO Box 541531
Houston, TX 77254
Deadline to apply: February 1, 2020 11:59 PM Central (Houston)
Time Notification will occur: March 15, 2020
Awards will be presented at the HWSA Spring Meeting on April 1, 2020, at 7:30 PM.
Dear Coaches, Administrators, Parents, and Students,
Please invite all greater Houston area high school seniors who are involved in soccer to apply for one of two $500 College Scholarships awarded by the Houston Women’s Soccer Association (HWSA) in 2020. The Houston Women’s Soccer Association exists to support amateur soccer for women of all ages and skill levels regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, color or creed. Please check out our women’s and coed leagues for an opportunity to continue playing soccer in the future.
The two scholarships available this year are:
The $500 HWSA Patty Hayes Memorial Scholarship, need-based, supporting our greater Houston soccer community.
The $500 HWSA Community Soccer Scholarship supporting our greater Houston soccer community
For your application to be considered, you must submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 1, 2020 at 11:59pm, the subject of all emails must be your Last Name, First Initial, and High School (ex: Adams S CNHS).
1. The application form typed or printed legibly in black or blue ink and signed.
2. An essay of no more than 500 words describing your favorite soccer memory OR the impact of soccer in your life.
3. A statement of no more than 250 words describing how you and your family will pay for college and how this scholarship will benefit you.
4. One letter of recommendation from a teacher, counselor, administrator, or similar school staff member.
5. One letter of recommendation from a soccer coach, club counselor, or soccer club personnel.
6. A copy of your transcript (letter sized and legible).
* Scholarships will be awarded based upon the above factors, weighing the soccer essay and financial need statement.
HWSA Scholarship Committee